Total Pageviews

Monday 21 October 2013

Today I'm spinning with my home-made spindle
It's working fairly well, although the current bobbin is too large for optimum stability. I must get some bluetack; that may help.

I am currently attempting to improve my rolag making. Apparently rolags are really easy to make if you have carding combs. I do not have carding combs.
I found an interesting youtube video showing how to make a multicoloured rolag for making multi coloured wool.
Here is the video.

Doesn't she make it look easy?

I had a go and my first rolag fell apart as I picked it up. Rolag 2 fell apart as I tried to spin from it, but I managed to get it to hang together long enough. Rolag 3 is a bit better. Nowhere near as smooth as she made hers though.

The rolag is the bit that bears a striking resemblance to a large owl pellet! Now admittedly, my 'dowel' is a chopstick, and I broke her rule about not mixing fleece type, so maybe not so strange that it's a bit rough. Practice makes perfect, and just because someone on youtube says to not do something, doesn't mean that you need to listen. :D

Now I don't know if this will work, but I'm going to try adding those new tag things.
Here goes.
#spin
hmmm, that's a fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment